Friday 24 April 2015

Spring in the Forest

It's spring and my favourite time of year. The time always flies by though so this year I have booked a few days to spend in the Forest of Dean determined to get more images for the new talk.


I have been trying really hard to get close to hawfinch as this is certainly one of the key species of the  forest. Up to yesterday though I have had no joy but finally with some friendly advice I have been able to get my lens on these cracking birds.



As ever I am always in the Forest before first light (no mean feat when you live 80 miles away) just so I can catch the shy boar before they retire for the day. As the mornings are drawing out now I have managed to find some in daylight too so images are improving all the time.


This female has approached me twice now on separate visits, I stay still and quiet and she loses interest and trots back to her family. It is such a thrill to have an encounter with such a charismatic creature.




No comments:

Post a Comment